Skip to main content

We Interrupt This Regularly Scheduled Broadcast...


For another installment of The Mono Diaries!

I would like to say I'm finally getting better, again, (knocks on wood) but I'm afraid to think that because I felt like I was turning a corner a couple of weeks ago, and then caught cold-flu bug and went back down hill. (To the point the Hubbs was genuinely worried about me, emotionally as well as physically). As a result, I haven't been retested for mono yet, so I don't know if I still have it or not. (I'm hoping not!) I have to touch base with the doctor tomorrow or Wednesday and go from there.

So it's February! How in the heck did that happen already?! 

I did finish reading two novels in January: A Fall Of Marigolds by and The Invention Of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd. Both had me feeling like I had been on incredible journeys by the time I finished each! Highly recommended. 

Have you read anything good so far this Winter?

We've had winter storm after winter storm, although we are faring better than other areas of the Northeast, but aside from when I had a fever with that cold-flu bug, I have been cold all winter so far! (Likely thanks to the mono). Unfortunately we are two for when it comes to ice storms - one last week and another today. But, that's what happens once February arrives (and sometimes March too). I don't mind snow, ice however, I am not a fan of! I twisted my ankle yesterday when my ice cleats shifted on my left boot, so I haven't been past the front porch today! (I was afraid to tempt fate).

I hope winter is treating you alright where you are!

Mono, by the way, is so not conducive to creativity, in any sense of the word for me, hence the lack of posts here, but you can always drop by my Instagram where I tend to post more frequently during droughts here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Enchanted Garden Party

Welcome to my post! To visit other participants, please head over to the Practical Magic Blog Party 2010 blog. I must say that while I think Practical Magic the movie is adorable, I think the novel is incredible. And that is where I gleaned my inspiration from for these festivities. Gardens are mysterious, magical and enchanting, don't you think? Now follow me out into the garden, I have everything all ready for you, including music! (Turn your volume on). *Update: Music has reverted to my regular Fall soundtrack, 9/28/2010* For all of you non Practical Magic Blog Party folks, head on over to NJ Through My Eyes where I've posted 2 new slide-shows today; one is a preview of a new project I'm working on!

2009 Halloween Fete! (Saturday October 17, 2009) **UPDATED!** This shindig is still going strong!

Welcome! I'm so happy to have had so many visitors already! I must apologize for not being ready for you earlier! I also apologize for the wacky font sizes throughout my post. No matter how hard I try, I can't correct them. If music doesn't begin playing shortly after your arrival, scroll down until you see a purple music widget begin to load in the left hand column and wait until you hear the music before scrolling back up here. Happy Halloween Fete 2009! Love and Spookiness to All! ~Jo (Continue scrolling down until the end of the post) Outside, it's a gloomy & cold day here on the NJ coast. Many a restless Spirit wander here on days like this. One can never be too sure if the fog & mist are just as they seem. Inside, it is warm yet equally frightful! Creepy crawlies have gotten into the food & drink, I so hope you don't mind! What with all of the party hopping we're doing, I didn't want you to bust a gut, so I've laid out some Pumpkin Cook

A Walk Through The (Dis)Enchanted Forrest (Halloween Party Post)

Welcome & thank you for visiting my post! For more Halloween fun today & throughout the weekend, visit A Fanciful Twist . For more Halloween & Autumn Fun, check out my "Autumn Tuesday" & "Halloween Thursday" posts by clicking on their labels in the left hand column. ~Happy Halloween & Pumpkin Blessings! *Update for those friends wondering, I put this together prior to surgery yesterday to make sure I would be able to post it for today! (Though it didn't post at 12:01am like it was supposed to). Anyhoo, I'm home and resting (uncomfortably). Surgery went well, my kidney tube and stone are gone! I have an internal stent on the left hand side but I'm okay with that because it comes out in the doctor's office in 2-3 weeks (no back to the hospital) and especially because it meant they could take that nephrostomy tube out! (The last nearly 2 weeks of that 15 weeks was rough with that thing, my body was simultaneously trying to heal aroun