Skip to main content

Happy Accidents In The Kitchen: Cranberry Almond Rounds

For my Cranberry Almond Rounds, you'll need:
1 cup melted butter (which is equal to 15 tblspns) I use unsalted butter
1/3 cup sugar *or* 1/2 that amount in regular sugar & 4 sweetener packets
2/3 cup ground sliced almonds *or* 1/3 cup of the almonds & 1/3 cup of dried cranberries
1 & 2/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

My step by step appears below in the slideshow. If it moves too quickly for you, just click on it to be taken directly to the web album where you can view each photo individually.

You're wondering about the "Happy Accidents In The Kitchen" part?  Well, it all started when I made myself a Bloody Mary (or two!) *before* making these from scratch!

Before today, they were just Almond Rounds.  In fact, I posted my bff's recipe for them here for last year's cookie party, but, without photos, which is why I wanted to do them again this year!

Well, I messed up today's first batch something awful!  Only mixed in half a cup of melted butter when I should have done a full cup, tried adding the remaining half after I mixed the wet & dry together...  Ick.  (Note to self, anything from scratch should be made *before* breaking out any alcohol!!!)

So I decided to make a second batch (otherwise my photo's would have stopped at mixing the wet & dry together).  At that point I only had a 1/3 of a cup of almonds left (not the 2/3 cup the recipe originally called for) so I improvised and added a 1/3 cup of dried cranberries because I'm a fan of dried cranberries & almonds together in just about anything!  (I use Fresh Gourmet dried & sweet Cranberries for salads because they have much less sugar than other brands I've tried, taste great and can be used for cooking & baking as well as salads).  I didn't mess up the butter in the second batch like I did with the first and this time they came out De-Lish!  Even more so than the original because of the dried cranberries.

They are lovely with tea or coffee.

Enjoy & Happy Holidays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Enchanted Garden Party

Welcome to my post! To visit other participants, please head over to the Practical Magic Blog Party 2010 blog. I must say that while I think Practical Magic the movie is adorable, I think the novel is incredible. And that is where I gleaned my inspiration from for these festivities. Gardens are mysterious, magical and enchanting, don't you think? Now follow me out into the garden, I have everything all ready for you, including music! (Turn your volume on). *Update: Music has reverted to my regular Fall soundtrack, 9/28/2010* For all of you non Practical Magic Blog Party folks, head on over to NJ Through My Eyes where I've posted 2 new slide-shows today; one is a preview of a new project I'm working on!

2009 Halloween Fete! (Saturday October 17, 2009) **UPDATED!** This shindig is still going strong!

Welcome! I'm so happy to have had so many visitors already! I must apologize for not being ready for you earlier! I also apologize for the wacky font sizes throughout my post. No matter how hard I try, I can't correct them. If music doesn't begin playing shortly after your arrival, scroll down until you see a purple music widget begin to load in the left hand column and wait until you hear the music before scrolling back up here. Happy Halloween Fete 2009! Love and Spookiness to All! ~Jo (Continue scrolling down until the end of the post) Outside, it's a gloomy & cold day here on the NJ coast. Many a restless Spirit wander here on days like this. One can never be too sure if the fog & mist are just as they seem. Inside, it is warm yet equally frightful! Creepy crawlies have gotten into the food & drink, I so hope you don't mind! What with all of the party hopping we're doing, I didn't want you to bust a gut, so I've laid out some Pumpkin Cook

A Walk Through The (Dis)Enchanted Forrest (Halloween Party Post)

Welcome & thank you for visiting my post! For more Halloween fun today & throughout the weekend, visit A Fanciful Twist . For more Halloween & Autumn Fun, check out my "Autumn Tuesday" & "Halloween Thursday" posts by clicking on their labels in the left hand column. ~Happy Halloween & Pumpkin Blessings! *Update for those friends wondering, I put this together prior to surgery yesterday to make sure I would be able to post it for today! (Though it didn't post at 12:01am like it was supposed to). Anyhoo, I'm home and resting (uncomfortably). Surgery went well, my kidney tube and stone are gone! I have an internal stent on the left hand side but I'm okay with that because it comes out in the doctor's office in 2-3 weeks (no back to the hospital) and especially because it meant they could take that nephrostomy tube out! (The last nearly 2 weeks of that 15 weeks was rough with that thing, my body was simultaneously trying to heal aroun