Skip to main content

Exhausted with Relief! No Cancer!

No cancer!!!

We found out late yesterday afternoon and I honestly nearly collapsed with relief and exhaustion once we left the doctor's office. (For more on what brought me to this point, click here).

There's a but - isn't there always?!

I have to go back every 6 months to be monitored because I have what are technically pre-cancerous cells, however there is no treatment for the virus (like there isn't for the common cold) and my body should be able to deal with it on its own (like the common cold). If not and it progresses, surgery would remove that area of the cervix and then any cancer would be completely be taken care of if it gets to that point.

But for now it's good news and more relief than I can begin to tell!

We went out to dinner on our way home from the doctor (I'd been too distracted and stressed all day to think about cooking or even packing to go away this weekend) and afterwards I ran in Barnes & Noble to see if they had a magazine I've been looking for. After finding it, I suddenly realized I was roaming around the store in a daze and that is was the first time in over a month when I had done anything and not been worried about the possibility of cancer! That's when I decided to head to the checkout so I didn't end up in tears in the middle of the store.

I'm so thankful and appreciate of all of your love, support and good thoughts since the beginning of March! You don't know what a comfort that's been to me and how much it has helped me through these last four and very long weeks. Thank You!!!

Comments

Jessika Hoover said…
Jo, I am so, so glad to hear this news. <3 You were definitely in my thoughts!
YAY! Everything is going to be just fine now. I hadn't checked blogger but I knew by all the happiness on Instagram everything must have been just fine. This is such wonderful news!

Popular posts from this blog

An Enchanted Garden Party

Welcome to my post! To visit other participants, please head over to the Practical Magic Blog Party 2010 blog. I must say that while I think Practical Magic the movie is adorable, I think the novel is incredible. And that is where I gleaned my inspiration from for these festivities. Gardens are mysterious, magical and enchanting, don't you think? Now follow me out into the garden, I have everything all ready for you, including music! (Turn your volume on). *Update: Music has reverted to my regular Fall soundtrack, 9/28/2010* For all of you non Practical Magic Blog Party folks, head on over to NJ Through My Eyes where I've posted 2 new slide-shows today; one is a preview of a new project I'm working on!

2009 Halloween Fete! (Saturday October 17, 2009) **UPDATED!** This shindig is still going strong!

Welcome! I'm so happy to have had so many visitors already! I must apologize for not being ready for you earlier! I also apologize for the wacky font sizes throughout my post. No matter how hard I try, I can't correct them. If music doesn't begin playing shortly after your arrival, scroll down until you see a purple music widget begin to load in the left hand column and wait until you hear the music before scrolling back up here. Happy Halloween Fete 2009! Love and Spookiness to All! ~Jo (Continue scrolling down until the end of the post) Outside, it's a gloomy & cold day here on the NJ coast. Many a restless Spirit wander here on days like this. One can never be too sure if the fog & mist are just as they seem. Inside, it is warm yet equally frightful! Creepy crawlies have gotten into the food & drink, I so hope you don't mind! What with all of the party hopping we're doing, I didn't want you to bust a gut, so I've laid out some Pumpkin Cook

A Walk Through The (Dis)Enchanted Forrest (Halloween Party Post)

Welcome & thank you for visiting my post! For more Halloween fun today & throughout the weekend, visit A Fanciful Twist . For more Halloween & Autumn Fun, check out my "Autumn Tuesday" & "Halloween Thursday" posts by clicking on their labels in the left hand column. ~Happy Halloween & Pumpkin Blessings! *Update for those friends wondering, I put this together prior to surgery yesterday to make sure I would be able to post it for today! (Though it didn't post at 12:01am like it was supposed to). Anyhoo, I'm home and resting (uncomfortably). Surgery went well, my kidney tube and stone are gone! I have an internal stent on the left hand side but I'm okay with that because it comes out in the doctor's office in 2-3 weeks (no back to the hospital) and especially because it meant they could take that nephrostomy tube out! (The last nearly 2 weeks of that 15 weeks was rough with that thing, my body was simultaneously trying to heal aroun