Skip to main content

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Taken Sat. on our front porch while enjoying the warmth of the sun on a chilly Autumn day!
At least I hope it does!

Hello dear friends!
Apologies for my absence here. I caught Hubby's awful cold & bronchitis and while I've had it since 9/30 when I awoke with the dreaded scratchy throat, it's been especially rough since 10/4. (That night I went to the doctor as I'd gotten progressively worse throughout the day).

I've been here at home for the most part, (talk about 'cabin fever' - ugh) trying to get some purging & organizing done when I'm able, resting when I'm not. My writing, what I have from my high school & college days, to the present is now condensed, past writings & journals in my closet, present projects in a bin which now sits on our pc desk. Speaking of my closet! The world must be coming to an end as it too is now neat & organized after purging! The entire shower is also clean enough to lick. Not that anyone would, but, well... It is.

On Thursday, I began journaling ideas for new columns here at Diggin' Around and I've come up with a few I'm excited about: "The Joy Of Home" which will be about how important our home is to me, especially during times of ill health, and the changes I'm making now as my tastes are changing; "Off The Shelf" will showcase what I'm reading & reviews of what I've read (instead of just using book titles as the post title); through "Mug Love" I'll share with you photos of my favorite mugs because I really do have a special place for them in my heart and I know many of you collect mugs & teacups like I do. Of course these will be in addition to long standing columns like: "Upheaval Into Revival," "In My Garden Today," "Wordless Wednesday," "(Not So) Wordless Wednesday, "Friday Favorites," "Living With Disease" and so on.

I've also been trying to come up with a new nickname for our home. I know, a tad silly, but these are the things my mind comes up with when sick! Last year, if you'll remember, I started calling it Pumpkin Manor because of my love of Autumn & Halloween, but this year it doesn't seem to fit for me, especially the "Manor" part. But, what to call our 804 sqft apartment home with humble back yard, garden & front porch areas? Twitter friend @modernmiagarden (click here for her delightful blog) suggested Bloomin' Retreat. If our home wasn't also Hubby's part time job (meaning he's the on-site manager for the complex we live in), "Retreat" might've fit. I came back with Bloomin' Bungalow, which she said she loved, but I'm still on the fence. Frost On The Pumpkin also came to mind.

Longtime, cherished bff G (aka @mezz98) was right, my heart was broken by the loss of my father.in.law.  And it still is.  And mom's stroke... But, it's time to reclaim myself.  Again. Make myself strong again as the holidays are just around the corner and they're going to be tough to get through this year.  Starting with my writing, blogs & home is helping.  (Finally getting over this darn cold & bronchitis will help so much more!)

It's a super balmy, Spring-like day here on the coast; more or less a repeat of yesterday. Not quite Indian Summer. A wee bit warm for me this time of year either way. Thank goodness for the gusty breeze! Rumor has it rain & t-storms are on the way. It's one of those days that makes you wonder exactly what Mother Nature has in mind... At least it makes me wonder! (I've become too preoccupied with weather in recent years and not because of gardening).

Friday we'll head to our northern home for over a week and now that I'm starting to feel better, I'm quite excited! We haven't been up since early September & it feels like months, not weeks. A nephew will be kitty sitting & holding down the fort while we're away. (He's been staying with us since September).

So much to do before we leave! And I have to get my annual A Fanciful Twist Halloween Blog Party post ready!  Time to get started. I've taken Benedryl & have Fabreeze allergen reducer spray in hand: Battle with the dust bunnies under our bed to commence!

Have a lovely day and there will be more from me quite soon!

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Enchanted Garden Party

Welcome to my post! To visit other participants, please head over to the Practical Magic Blog Party 2010 blog. I must say that while I think Practical Magic the movie is adorable, I think the novel is incredible. And that is where I gleaned my inspiration from for these festivities. Gardens are mysterious, magical and enchanting, don't you think? Now follow me out into the garden, I have everything all ready for you, including music! (Turn your volume on). *Update: Music has reverted to my regular Fall soundtrack, 9/28/2010* For all of you non Practical Magic Blog Party folks, head on over to NJ Through My Eyes where I've posted 2 new slide-shows today; one is a preview of a new project I'm working on!

2009 Halloween Fete! (Saturday October 17, 2009) **UPDATED!** This shindig is still going strong!

Welcome! I'm so happy to have had so many visitors already! I must apologize for not being ready for you earlier! I also apologize for the wacky font sizes throughout my post. No matter how hard I try, I can't correct them. If music doesn't begin playing shortly after your arrival, scroll down until you see a purple music widget begin to load in the left hand column and wait until you hear the music before scrolling back up here. Happy Halloween Fete 2009! Love and Spookiness to All! ~Jo (Continue scrolling down until the end of the post) Outside, it's a gloomy & cold day here on the NJ coast. Many a restless Spirit wander here on days like this. One can never be too sure if the fog & mist are just as they seem. Inside, it is warm yet equally frightful! Creepy crawlies have gotten into the food & drink, I so hope you don't mind! What with all of the party hopping we're doing, I didn't want you to bust a gut, so I've laid out some Pumpkin Cook

A Walk Through The (Dis)Enchanted Forrest (Halloween Party Post)

Welcome & thank you for visiting my post! For more Halloween fun today & throughout the weekend, visit A Fanciful Twist . For more Halloween & Autumn Fun, check out my "Autumn Tuesday" & "Halloween Thursday" posts by clicking on their labels in the left hand column. ~Happy Halloween & Pumpkin Blessings! *Update for those friends wondering, I put this together prior to surgery yesterday to make sure I would be able to post it for today! (Though it didn't post at 12:01am like it was supposed to). Anyhoo, I'm home and resting (uncomfortably). Surgery went well, my kidney tube and stone are gone! I have an internal stent on the left hand side but I'm okay with that because it comes out in the doctor's office in 2-3 weeks (no back to the hospital) and especially because it meant they could take that nephrostomy tube out! (The last nearly 2 weeks of that 15 weeks was rough with that thing, my body was simultaneously trying to heal aroun