Skip to main content

Muggy Monday Musings

It's been an uncomfortably warm and still day here today until late this afternoon when the winds picked up and the temps dropped off. Storms with some crazy crazy lightning passed through tonight and we're supposed to have showers tomorrow. It's storming again now as a matter of fact! (I'm so glad I was done food shopping before the down pour started!)

The scent of rain always reminds me of Spring so it's a shock to the senses to inhale its' pungent scent on an Autumn evening.

Saturday was awful. Nephew.in.law's memorial service. I still can't get the image out of my head of our niece carrying her husband's box of ashes out of the funeral home afterwards.

Gentle word of advice? If you are married or in a long term relationship and/or have children, no matter how 'young' or 'old' all involved may be, please Please get some kind of life insurance! Even if it's only enough to cover funeral and burial costs, it's better than nothing, better than leaving your family in a position where they may be unable to pay for the arrangements and need help doing so. (And even if you are sick/have a disease, you can still get life insurance in most cases).

It got down right cold Saturday night into Sunday morning while we were at home #2 (up north) after the memorial service. Low 30s! Jacket, scarf, gloves, wool socks and campfire required. Not to mention turning the heat on inside. We 'borrowed' our neighbors campfire since it was late by the time we got up there and we were exhausted. It was nice & cozy sitting 'round the fire talking with them.

During the middle of the night, I woke up (and not because of my allergies for once) and had no idea why, then realized that I was hearing the winds blow dried leaves around. As I settled back to sleep, I heard a growl coming from outside. A distinct & definite growl. Likely it was either a bear or a coyote, but I wasn't getting up to go find out, lol! Hubbs told me Sunday morning he heard something walking around outside before dawn, crunching the leaves. Likely it was a bear or deer. He was too tired to get up and see what it was.

The foliage is just about at peak up there too! So stinkin' gorgeous I can't begin to tell ya! (Of course I took (oodles) of pics, this is Me we're talking about after all).

Mother's had a bad cold since last Monday. She sounded a teeny bit better today though she sounded tired. Mother was in a MOOD when I called to see how she was feeling. I should have hung up when she started off with, "I'm not trying to start anything with you, But..." but I humored here & didn't. Bad move on my part. She really does love to spread her misery. I've gotten good at not letting her bother me but I was just perturbed the rest of my day today.

I can feel that my self is truly off. Last 3.5 months finally getting to me or am I getting nervous for surgery? Probably both. I'm hoping Friday's surgery helps to change that. But I'm not so sure.

I feel different. Kind of numb. Disinterested. Disconnected. Disengaged. And I don't like it.

Tomorrow's rainy day lunch is a toss up: Butternut squash soup w/cauliflower or potato cauliflower soup. Either way, I'm already looking forward to it!

Also on Tuesday's agenda (aside from my new Autumn Tuesday post!) is laundry and cleaning/purging the bedroom so I can come home from the hospital to a nice, cozy place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Enchanted Garden Party

Welcome to my post! To visit other participants, please head over to the Practical Magic Blog Party 2010 blog. I must say that while I think Practical Magic the movie is adorable, I think the novel is incredible. And that is where I gleaned my inspiration from for these festivities. Gardens are mysterious, magical and enchanting, don't you think? Now follow me out into the garden, I have everything all ready for you, including music! (Turn your volume on). *Update: Music has reverted to my regular Fall soundtrack, 9/28/2010* For all of you non Practical Magic Blog Party folks, head on over to NJ Through My Eyes where I've posted 2 new slide-shows today; one is a preview of a new project I'm working on!

2009 Halloween Fete! (Saturday October 17, 2009) **UPDATED!** This shindig is still going strong!

Welcome! I'm so happy to have had so many visitors already! I must apologize for not being ready for you earlier! I also apologize for the wacky font sizes throughout my post. No matter how hard I try, I can't correct them. If music doesn't begin playing shortly after your arrival, scroll down until you see a purple music widget begin to load in the left hand column and wait until you hear the music before scrolling back up here. Happy Halloween Fete 2009! Love and Spookiness to All! ~Jo (Continue scrolling down until the end of the post) Outside, it's a gloomy & cold day here on the NJ coast. Many a restless Spirit wander here on days like this. One can never be too sure if the fog & mist are just as they seem. Inside, it is warm yet equally frightful! Creepy crawlies have gotten into the food & drink, I so hope you don't mind! What with all of the party hopping we're doing, I didn't want you to bust a gut, so I've laid out some Pumpkin Cook

A Walk Through The (Dis)Enchanted Forrest (Halloween Party Post)

Welcome & thank you for visiting my post! For more Halloween fun today & throughout the weekend, visit A Fanciful Twist . For more Halloween & Autumn Fun, check out my "Autumn Tuesday" & "Halloween Thursday" posts by clicking on their labels in the left hand column. ~Happy Halloween & Pumpkin Blessings! *Update for those friends wondering, I put this together prior to surgery yesterday to make sure I would be able to post it for today! (Though it didn't post at 12:01am like it was supposed to). Anyhoo, I'm home and resting (uncomfortably). Surgery went well, my kidney tube and stone are gone! I have an internal stent on the left hand side but I'm okay with that because it comes out in the doctor's office in 2-3 weeks (no back to the hospital) and especially because it meant they could take that nephrostomy tube out! (The last nearly 2 weeks of that 15 weeks was rough with that thing, my body was simultaneously trying to heal aroun