Skip to main content

Thursday Thoughts

Relief isn't a strong enough word to describe how I feel about Not having to have surgery (again) tomorrow! My ct scans from Monday show no "obstructed" kidney stones and so tomorrow's 'day stay/same day surgery' procedure has been cancelled. (Whew!)

I do have "unobstructed" stones however but there shouldn't be a problem passing them as they're "tiny" and most likely the kind my body produces and passes without my knowing it. I'm to stay "over" hydrated to help them pass and I've already got an appointment with an in-network urologist for September whom I'll be seeing on a regular basis from now on.

The fact that my ct scans show no obstructed stones also means that my left kidney's drain tube can Come Out ASAP! (Wooohooo, happy dance!!!)

My face actually hurt today from all of the smiling I'd been doing since receiving the above news from the doctor this morning. And I spent the day Happy, not stressed, worried, upset or anything else. I don't remember the last time that happened.

I knew there were lessons to be learned from an infection that just about literally killed me (no exaggeration there friends) and the subsequent kidney surgery and issues pertaining to that. At first I honestly didn't have a clue as to what those lessons could be. My mind was on bed rest along with my body for those 3 weeks! And it's taking my mind just as long to recover from all of this as it is my body though I still cannot fully wrap my mind around certain aspects of what's happened.

I started journaling again last week (I've barely journaled a word since before I went into the hospital July 4th weekend) and started coming to some realizations last weekend after we got home from our place up north. And the realizations have continued throughout this week and I've journaled them all. I'm glad to have come to them and appreciate the opportunity I've been given to act on them. (I'm not ready to go into specifics here just yet).

Things in the garden are starting to recover from all of the extreme heat a humidity we've had this year. (The things which are still living that is!) Finally a second round of Tomato's is forming and the Morning Glories have begun to bloom again. The Sunflowers are in full bloom. (For a pretty photo of one, go to the previous post). One Butterfly Bush (purple) is in full bloom while another (white) is getting ready to bloom. Hopefully the Roses will start to gear up for another round of blooms. (They usually bloom strait through Thanksgiving but stopped during the month long heat waves in July). We'll see what else happens!

I'm sure many of you know how it becomes more difficult to make new friends as we get older. Not that long ago, I met a local gal on Twitter who's my age & a great person and a couple of weeks ago I had lunch with my Goodreads friend Vicki and I had a great time with both of them! I had hoped to make some new friends by going to the monthly bookclub but honestly didn't get my hopes up. Well, I've been pleasantly surprised! And it feels good. What with some of my bff's out of state now and the others so busy we hardly have a chance to get together anymore, it's great to have friends to go out with again and spend time with. I'm very grateful for having met them & for friendships ensuing.

Well friends, I think that about does it for me this evening. I meant to write this post down ahead of time but didn't get the chance so I apologize if it's a bit of a ramble. I hope you've all had a great week so far!

**Update: I'm scheduled to go back to the hospital on Tuesday to have the tube removed.

Comments

Mrs. Fry said…
I am so HAPPY that you are better. Great news.

I wish we lived closer. I know we would be great friends.
Thank you Brenda! I know we'd be great friends if we lived closer too! (Aw heck, we're great friends Now! It would be a bonus to be able to spend time together).
Lisa said…
So glad you found friends at the book club! I can hardly wait for my monthly book club meeting. If we weren't all so busy I'm sure we'd get together more often. It's nice to have grown up friends that won't disappear if you change jobs which has happened to me many times.

I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday!

Popular posts from this blog

An Enchanted Garden Party

Welcome to my post! To visit other participants, please head over to the Practical Magic Blog Party 2010 blog. I must say that while I think Practical Magic the movie is adorable, I think the novel is incredible. And that is where I gleaned my inspiration from for these festivities. Gardens are mysterious, magical and enchanting, don't you think? Now follow me out into the garden, I have everything all ready for you, including music! (Turn your volume on). *Update: Music has reverted to my regular Fall soundtrack, 9/28/2010* For all of you non Practical Magic Blog Party folks, head on over to NJ Through My Eyes where I've posted 2 new slide-shows today; one is a preview of a new project I'm working on!

2009 Halloween Fete! (Saturday October 17, 2009) **UPDATED!** This shindig is still going strong!

Welcome! I'm so happy to have had so many visitors already! I must apologize for not being ready for you earlier! I also apologize for the wacky font sizes throughout my post. No matter how hard I try, I can't correct them. If music doesn't begin playing shortly after your arrival, scroll down until you see a purple music widget begin to load in the left hand column and wait until you hear the music before scrolling back up here. Happy Halloween Fete 2009! Love and Spookiness to All! ~Jo (Continue scrolling down until the end of the post) Outside, it's a gloomy & cold day here on the NJ coast. Many a restless Spirit wander here on days like this. One can never be too sure if the fog & mist are just as they seem. Inside, it is warm yet equally frightful! Creepy crawlies have gotten into the food & drink, I so hope you don't mind! What with all of the party hopping we're doing, I didn't want you to bust a gut, so I've laid out some Pumpkin Cook

A Walk Through The (Dis)Enchanted Forrest (Halloween Party Post)

Welcome & thank you for visiting my post! For more Halloween fun today & throughout the weekend, visit A Fanciful Twist . For more Halloween & Autumn Fun, check out my "Autumn Tuesday" & "Halloween Thursday" posts by clicking on their labels in the left hand column. ~Happy Halloween & Pumpkin Blessings! *Update for those friends wondering, I put this together prior to surgery yesterday to make sure I would be able to post it for today! (Though it didn't post at 12:01am like it was supposed to). Anyhoo, I'm home and resting (uncomfortably). Surgery went well, my kidney tube and stone are gone! I have an internal stent on the left hand side but I'm okay with that because it comes out in the doctor's office in 2-3 weeks (no back to the hospital) and especially because it meant they could take that nephrostomy tube out! (The last nearly 2 weeks of that 15 weeks was rough with that thing, my body was simultaneously trying to heal aroun