Skip to main content

Outdoor Furniture Adventures

I'm looking for either a very very small 'bistro' set for the front porch (of which I could only use 1 chair with the table) or a nice end table & chair. Too expensive and/or ugly are the only things I've come across until today. The pieces above are at a local Pier One and I LOVE the colors in these tables. Beautiful reds, greens, blues, some yellows. Their tops are tiled.

There's a small end table in the collection and though it's a bit shorter than I'd like, it's otherwise perfect. But, on sale it's $80. I did see a nice barn red wrought iron chair that would go well on clearance for $30 but it would need a cushion and that's an additional $20 or more.

What we have is over 3 years old, been painted countless times and was either here when we moved here or is from a thrift shop/garage sale. It's looked good in past years. Now it looks junky. Not chabby chìc. Chabby crap.

I don't want to spend a fortune on a few new pieces for the porch & patio. The prices this season have started much higher than usual. Just because we have the money this time around doesn't mean I want to spend it all - I'm trying to be economical.

Could I make something like what I saw today?

I'm not sure what to do.

Comments

Holli said…
I love that table....very pretty! I think I need to make a trip to Pier One!! I love their stuff...we get alot of things from there for the house. I know my friend has made these tables before for herself.....I think she started with a small tiling book....there's a name for doing this stuff but I can't think of what it is.
I've always loved their stuff too. I may go back tomorrow and get the small table and clearance chair. The colors in these tiled tables are striking something inside of me. I'd like one for inspiration!

I think the term you're looking for is "mosaic."
Brandie said…
I love this table and cushions! So pretty! I am dying to get some real patio furniture so I can sit on the deck, get some sun, and read this summer. It's just so expensive!

Popular posts from this blog

An Enchanted Garden Party

Welcome to my post! To visit other participants, please head over to the Practical Magic Blog Party 2010 blog. I must say that while I think Practical Magic the movie is adorable, I think the novel is incredible. And that is where I gleaned my inspiration from for these festivities. Gardens are mysterious, magical and enchanting, don't you think? Now follow me out into the garden, I have everything all ready for you, including music! (Turn your volume on). *Update: Music has reverted to my regular Fall soundtrack, 9/28/2010* For all of you non Practical Magic Blog Party folks, head on over to NJ Through My Eyes where I've posted 2 new slide-shows today; one is a preview of a new project I'm working on!

2009 Halloween Fete! (Saturday October 17, 2009) **UPDATED!** This shindig is still going strong!

Welcome! I'm so happy to have had so many visitors already! I must apologize for not being ready for you earlier! I also apologize for the wacky font sizes throughout my post. No matter how hard I try, I can't correct them. If music doesn't begin playing shortly after your arrival, scroll down until you see a purple music widget begin to load in the left hand column and wait until you hear the music before scrolling back up here. Happy Halloween Fete 2009! Love and Spookiness to All! ~Jo (Continue scrolling down until the end of the post) Outside, it's a gloomy & cold day here on the NJ coast. Many a restless Spirit wander here on days like this. One can never be too sure if the fog & mist are just as they seem. Inside, it is warm yet equally frightful! Creepy crawlies have gotten into the food & drink, I so hope you don't mind! What with all of the party hopping we're doing, I didn't want you to bust a gut, so I've laid out some Pumpkin Cook

A Walk Through The (Dis)Enchanted Forrest (Halloween Party Post)

Welcome & thank you for visiting my post! For more Halloween fun today & throughout the weekend, visit A Fanciful Twist . For more Halloween & Autumn Fun, check out my "Autumn Tuesday" & "Halloween Thursday" posts by clicking on their labels in the left hand column. ~Happy Halloween & Pumpkin Blessings! *Update for those friends wondering, I put this together prior to surgery yesterday to make sure I would be able to post it for today! (Though it didn't post at 12:01am like it was supposed to). Anyhoo, I'm home and resting (uncomfortably). Surgery went well, my kidney tube and stone are gone! I have an internal stent on the left hand side but I'm okay with that because it comes out in the doctor's office in 2-3 weeks (no back to the hospital) and especially because it meant they could take that nephrostomy tube out! (The last nearly 2 weeks of that 15 weeks was rough with that thing, my body was simultaneously trying to heal aroun