Skip to main content

catchin' up!

haven't been posting much as of late ~ no particular reason why!

i've actually been writing on a regular basis for just over a month now! spirited singleton & i exchange a minimum of a page of writing every mon, wed & fri. (see my links for her blog!) it's been really good for us both actually!

monday i got back into my classes & assignments and took 2 exams. (got 100% on interior decorating and an 85% on landscape design). i've really slacked off since getting that nasty bout of bronchitis & penumonia in january.

been better health wise since finally getting over that in late february ~ and i'd been sick with a sinus infection since the beginning of december - almost 3 months sick! (par for the course for me!)

but my near daily headaches have returned & it would seem i'm headed back down the chronic migrane road again! i had chronic headaches & migranes from the time i was 5 up into my mid 20's. i can tell you i don't think i could go through that kind of pain again without losing my mind! i've joked that i think i'd kill myself if the migranes come back like they used to be ~ part of me isn't joking!

'course the neurologist i've been referred to doesn't take our health insurance & our out of network deductible is over a grand (at which point i'd only get back 20% of what i put out) but hubby may have a new job with a company who's health insurance this doc does accept, so i'm holding off on my 1st appointment for now.

i've been reading up on organics (food & gardening) because i'm disgusted with all the sodium that's in EVERYTHING! (been sodium conscious for over 14 years because of the headaches & migranes but i'll be damned trying to cut out any more than i already have been!) i understand the need to preserve things, but i don't want to eat stuff that's got a longer shelf life than i do!

well, don't want to wake hubby with all the clattering these keys make as i type so that's it for now!

Comments

Tami said…
Thanks so much for the book recomendation "Sufficient Grace". After reading the description on Amazon I imediately put it on my wish list. I graduated college with a BS in Psychology and have always been fascinated by the human mind. It looks like a great read.

So sorry to hear about your headaches. I use to get headaches every day usually starting in the afternoon.(they were not migrains)In the end what finally cured them was to drink lots of water through out the day. I was dehydrated. I hope you are able to find something that helps.

I am rambling on but wanted to mention that I love your botanical daybed cover find. It is lovely and so cheerful.

Have a great day.
thanks for the good wishes on the headaches! (not that i don't drink a lot of water already, but i'm going to try & drink more to see if that helps!)

the botanical day bed now a love seat cover is very cozy and cheerful! and hubby actually likes it!

not only did the description of 'sufficient grace' grab me but the cover of the book (soft cover) did too!

ps! you weren't rambling!

Popular posts from this blog

An Enchanted Garden Party

Welcome to my post! To visit other participants, please head over to the Practical Magic Blog Party 2010 blog. I must say that while I think Practical Magic the movie is adorable, I think the novel is incredible. And that is where I gleaned my inspiration from for these festivities. Gardens are mysterious, magical and enchanting, don't you think? Now follow me out into the garden, I have everything all ready for you, including music! (Turn your volume on). *Update: Music has reverted to my regular Fall soundtrack, 9/28/2010* For all of you non Practical Magic Blog Party folks, head on over to NJ Through My Eyes where I've posted 2 new slide-shows today; one is a preview of a new project I'm working on!

2009 Halloween Fete! (Saturday October 17, 2009) **UPDATED!** This shindig is still going strong!

Welcome! I'm so happy to have had so many visitors already! I must apologize for not being ready for you earlier! I also apologize for the wacky font sizes throughout my post. No matter how hard I try, I can't correct them. If music doesn't begin playing shortly after your arrival, scroll down until you see a purple music widget begin to load in the left hand column and wait until you hear the music before scrolling back up here. Happy Halloween Fete 2009! Love and Spookiness to All! ~Jo (Continue scrolling down until the end of the post) Outside, it's a gloomy & cold day here on the NJ coast. Many a restless Spirit wander here on days like this. One can never be too sure if the fog & mist are just as they seem. Inside, it is warm yet equally frightful! Creepy crawlies have gotten into the food & drink, I so hope you don't mind! What with all of the party hopping we're doing, I didn't want you to bust a gut, so I've laid out some Pumpkin Cook

A Walk Through The (Dis)Enchanted Forrest (Halloween Party Post)

Welcome & thank you for visiting my post! For more Halloween fun today & throughout the weekend, visit A Fanciful Twist . For more Halloween & Autumn Fun, check out my "Autumn Tuesday" & "Halloween Thursday" posts by clicking on their labels in the left hand column. ~Happy Halloween & Pumpkin Blessings! *Update for those friends wondering, I put this together prior to surgery yesterday to make sure I would be able to post it for today! (Though it didn't post at 12:01am like it was supposed to). Anyhoo, I'm home and resting (uncomfortably). Surgery went well, my kidney tube and stone are gone! I have an internal stent on the left hand side but I'm okay with that because it comes out in the doctor's office in 2-3 weeks (no back to the hospital) and especially because it meant they could take that nephrostomy tube out! (The last nearly 2 weeks of that 15 weeks was rough with that thing, my body was simultaneously trying to heal aroun