Skip to main content

How Appropriate

How Appropriate...

May 8th, 2006 10:04:21 am
that it's cloudy & a bit dreary today, i thought as i awoke this morning. it's 7 years today that my baby girl passed. (i'm sorry that i don't get into further detail - the circumstances are too private & painful for me to discuss.)

i don't know what to do with myself today. i'd like to lite a candle for her, but, may have to wait until my husband gets home since i can't drive & it would be a heck of a walk from here.

there's no weeding or watering to be done since i did it over the wkend. (so much fun, by the way, when you've torn your right url ligament & triceps tendon & you're right handed!!)

i guess i could tidy up our bedroom since it looks like the laundry bags exploded in here!

i could walk to the library and ck in on my online class that i cannot access from home anymore because the site "remembers" that my computer "rejected" a "cookie" (accidentially) and since the site essentially "remembers," resetting my internet options will not change the fact that i cannot access it. (all that got me was spyware cookies & the alphacleaner trojan which hijacked 34 or my files before i got rid of it!)

maybe i'll just get lost on here for the next few hours!

i just don't know.

i'm a bit numb acutally. which, i guess, is an improvement over how i've been on this day in past years. but, in some ways i feel guilty that i'm not an absolute mess this year. i told a friend who's husband passed away recently that it doesn't necessarily get better - you just realize one day that it's different. i'm not sure that it gives credence to the addage "time heals all wounds" though. i'm not sure some things heal - you just learn to live with them.

i wish there was a specific place i could go but there isn't. once we own our own home, i'd like to make a small garden for her there. i'm not sure about doing that here. here it couldn't be permanent. i don't know where i'd feel a connection to her.

oh great! the landscapers are here! so much for peace and quiet! wonder why today? they're usually here on tuesday's!

oh well. somehow i'll muddle through!

Comments

Greg said…
Hi Jo! Impermanence is no reason not to make a garden for Your Girl. (Lots of my plants have traveled through an assortment of rental properties with me.) You could always tote the plants along with you when you go, and have the pleasure of beginning to choose and enjoy the ones that make you think of her. They'd be of a larger size and ready for dividing when you move, anyway. Anyhoo, thanks for sharing.
thank you! it's nice to not get the "just smile & nod - don't upset the crazy person" reaction to something like this!

i too have brought a numbers of dug up treasures from our old apt to this new one and they all seem to be doing beautifully now!

it's all just a bit overwhelming! the moving to a new apt, new town (a place neither one of us ever considered living in before but we nonetheless love!) and starting over from scratch in the gardening area (i've got about 4 times the amount of space here than where we came from, which i wonderful, but, i sometimes lack patience and gardening takes time! and there's so much i want and want to do and not enough $ money at one time to do it all!!), but...

everything in time! i am so undecided about a lot of things with the gardens, but, i think i'll just know where and when to make a special place for her! (i can't, essentially, force it to happen).

thank you again for your kind words and support!

Popular posts from this blog

An Enchanted Garden Party

Welcome to my post! To visit other participants, please head over to the Practical Magic Blog Party 2010 blog. I must say that while I think Practical Magic the movie is adorable, I think the novel is incredible. And that is where I gleaned my inspiration from for these festivities. Gardens are mysterious, magical and enchanting, don't you think? Now follow me out into the garden, I have everything all ready for you, including music! (Turn your volume on). *Update: Music has reverted to my regular Fall soundtrack, 9/28/2010* For all of you non Practical Magic Blog Party folks, head on over to NJ Through My Eyes where I've posted 2 new slide-shows today; one is a preview of a new project I'm working on!

2009 Halloween Fete! (Saturday October 17, 2009) **UPDATED!** This shindig is still going strong!

Welcome! I'm so happy to have had so many visitors already! I must apologize for not being ready for you earlier! I also apologize for the wacky font sizes throughout my post. No matter how hard I try, I can't correct them. If music doesn't begin playing shortly after your arrival, scroll down until you see a purple music widget begin to load in the left hand column and wait until you hear the music before scrolling back up here. Happy Halloween Fete 2009! Love and Spookiness to All! ~Jo (Continue scrolling down until the end of the post) Outside, it's a gloomy & cold day here on the NJ coast. Many a restless Spirit wander here on days like this. One can never be too sure if the fog & mist are just as they seem. Inside, it is warm yet equally frightful! Creepy crawlies have gotten into the food & drink, I so hope you don't mind! What with all of the party hopping we're doing, I didn't want you to bust a gut, so I've laid out some Pumpkin Cook

A Walk Through The (Dis)Enchanted Forrest (Halloween Party Post)

Welcome & thank you for visiting my post! For more Halloween fun today & throughout the weekend, visit A Fanciful Twist . For more Halloween & Autumn Fun, check out my "Autumn Tuesday" & "Halloween Thursday" posts by clicking on their labels in the left hand column. ~Happy Halloween & Pumpkin Blessings! *Update for those friends wondering, I put this together prior to surgery yesterday to make sure I would be able to post it for today! (Though it didn't post at 12:01am like it was supposed to). Anyhoo, I'm home and resting (uncomfortably). Surgery went well, my kidney tube and stone are gone! I have an internal stent on the left hand side but I'm okay with that because it comes out in the doctor's office in 2-3 weeks (no back to the hospital) and especially because it meant they could take that nephrostomy tube out! (The last nearly 2 weeks of that 15 weeks was rough with that thing, my body was simultaneously trying to heal aroun