Skip to main content

#BookRec - Only Ever Her


(partner)

@shereadswithfriends Co-founder Marybeth Mayhew Whalen is fabulous at what I like to call 'slow burn writing' - character driven plot-lines that build tension and suspense set in small town America - and her latest novel #OnlyEverHer due out 5/7 doesn't disappoint! 

"A bride-to-be goes missing just four days before her wedding and a community is left reeling. As the days pass, the list of suspects grows and her loved ones are left to confront their own secrets." 

This. Book. Y'all.

Marybeth's engaging writing style brings you right into Annie Taft's life and drops you into the middle of Southern small town living in Ludlow, South Carolina. (But you don't have to live in the South to relate to just how small a world small town living can be). 

I was hooked right from the get-go! Annie, along with Laurel, Kenny, Carry and Faye's points-of-view weave a story full of tragedy & heartbreak, secrets & lies, revenge & redemption, darkness & light. You'll assume you have it all figured out as you go along, but all I can say is, strap yourself in and hang on, y'all are in for some 'didn't - see - that - coming' twists and turns! 
Is this 5-star page-turner on your #TBRlist yet? 
Thank You again to #LittleBirdPublicity for this free review copy! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Enchanted Garden Party

Welcome to my post! To visit other participants, please head over to the Practical Magic Blog Party 2010 blog. I must say that while I think Practical Magic the movie is adorable, I think the novel is incredible. And that is where I gleaned my inspiration from for these festivities. Gardens are mysterious, magical and enchanting, don't you think? Now follow me out into the garden, I have everything all ready for you, including music! (Turn your volume on). *Update: Music has reverted to my regular Fall soundtrack, 9/28/2010* For all of you non Practical Magic Blog Party folks, head on over to NJ Through My Eyes where I've posted 2 new slide-shows today; one is a preview of a new project I'm working on!

2009 Halloween Fete! (Saturday October 17, 2009) **UPDATED!** This shindig is still going strong!

Welcome! I'm so happy to have had so many visitors already! I must apologize for not being ready for you earlier! I also apologize for the wacky font sizes throughout my post. No matter how hard I try, I can't correct them. If music doesn't begin playing shortly after your arrival, scroll down until you see a purple music widget begin to load in the left hand column and wait until you hear the music before scrolling back up here. Happy Halloween Fete 2009! Love and Spookiness to All! ~Jo (Continue scrolling down until the end of the post) Outside, it's a gloomy & cold day here on the NJ coast. Many a restless Spirit wander here on days like this. One can never be too sure if the fog & mist are just as they seem. Inside, it is warm yet equally frightful! Creepy crawlies have gotten into the food & drink, I so hope you don't mind! What with all of the party hopping we're doing, I didn't want you to bust a gut, so I've laid out some Pumpkin Cook

A Walk Through The (Dis)Enchanted Forrest (Halloween Party Post)

Welcome & thank you for visiting my post! For more Halloween fun today & throughout the weekend, visit A Fanciful Twist . For more Halloween & Autumn Fun, check out my "Autumn Tuesday" & "Halloween Thursday" posts by clicking on their labels in the left hand column. ~Happy Halloween & Pumpkin Blessings! *Update for those friends wondering, I put this together prior to surgery yesterday to make sure I would be able to post it for today! (Though it didn't post at 12:01am like it was supposed to). Anyhoo, I'm home and resting (uncomfortably). Surgery went well, my kidney tube and stone are gone! I have an internal stent on the left hand side but I'm okay with that because it comes out in the doctor's office in 2-3 weeks (no back to the hospital) and especially because it meant they could take that nephrostomy tube out! (The last nearly 2 weeks of that 15 weeks was rough with that thing, my body was simultaneously trying to heal aroun