Skip to main content

New Jersey Needs You!

Please send our beloved, ruined state, your prayers, love & positive vibes - we desperately need it, especially our devastated coastal communities and I would be so grateful to y'all! NJ needs all the help we can get.

I can't share my Nikon photos with you until we get power back, and, these from my Blackberry only give a hint of the local devastation. It's unlike anything I've ever seen first hand before. And I hope I never see this again. I'm stunned and utterly heartbroken. So grateful we fared well compared with Irene last August, in tears over so so many who've literally lost Everything & are now homeless.

Hubbs is already taking applications for vacant apartments and once the power is on, we can send those through & see who management can approve. And we've already got a waiting list in case we get any more vacancies. The tenants who have left the complex to stay with family and friends (who have gas stoves and/or fireplaces) along with us have been each other out - those of us with generators have been making pots of coffee and hot water for those without generators, charging cell phones and so on.

We are bone weary exhausted but all things considered, Very Lucky. I'm am overwhelmed.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Comments

maddyrose said…
My prayers are with you and those who have been hit so hard by this latest storm. Hope your power is back on soon and that you remain safe. Hugs
I am so sorry to hear how much this storm has affected your family and your state :( Please keep safe and warm, my thoughts are with you!
Tammy said…
We watched the devastation with horror. I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this. Stay strong.
Thank you all for your support, caring & good wishes! NJ and NY needs them now.

Popular posts from this blog

An Enchanted Garden Party

Welcome to my post! To visit other participants, please head over to the Practical Magic Blog Party 2010 blog. I must say that while I think Practical Magic the movie is adorable, I think the novel is incredible. And that is where I gleaned my inspiration from for these festivities. Gardens are mysterious, magical and enchanting, don't you think? Now follow me out into the garden, I have everything all ready for you, including music! (Turn your volume on). *Update: Music has reverted to my regular Fall soundtrack, 9/28/2010* For all of you non Practical Magic Blog Party folks, head on over to NJ Through My Eyes where I've posted 2 new slide-shows today; one is a preview of a new project I'm working on!

2009 Halloween Fete! (Saturday October 17, 2009) **UPDATED!** This shindig is still going strong!

Welcome! I'm so happy to have had so many visitors already! I must apologize for not being ready for you earlier! I also apologize for the wacky font sizes throughout my post. No matter how hard I try, I can't correct them. If music doesn't begin playing shortly after your arrival, scroll down until you see a purple music widget begin to load in the left hand column and wait until you hear the music before scrolling back up here. Happy Halloween Fete 2009! Love and Spookiness to All! ~Jo (Continue scrolling down until the end of the post) Outside, it's a gloomy & cold day here on the NJ coast. Many a restless Spirit wander here on days like this. One can never be too sure if the fog & mist are just as they seem. Inside, it is warm yet equally frightful! Creepy crawlies have gotten into the food & drink, I so hope you don't mind! What with all of the party hopping we're doing, I didn't want you to bust a gut, so I've laid out some Pumpkin Cook

A Walk Through The (Dis)Enchanted Forrest (Halloween Party Post)

Welcome & thank you for visiting my post! For more Halloween fun today & throughout the weekend, visit A Fanciful Twist . For more Halloween & Autumn Fun, check out my "Autumn Tuesday" & "Halloween Thursday" posts by clicking on their labels in the left hand column. ~Happy Halloween & Pumpkin Blessings! *Update for those friends wondering, I put this together prior to surgery yesterday to make sure I would be able to post it for today! (Though it didn't post at 12:01am like it was supposed to). Anyhoo, I'm home and resting (uncomfortably). Surgery went well, my kidney tube and stone are gone! I have an internal stent on the left hand side but I'm okay with that because it comes out in the doctor's office in 2-3 weeks (no back to the hospital) and especially because it meant they could take that nephrostomy tube out! (The last nearly 2 weeks of that 15 weeks was rough with that thing, my body was simultaneously trying to heal aroun