Skip to main content

Sprucing Up

Two cans of Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Ultra Cover in Satin 'leafy green', some new plant additions, extending the side out 3"s and re-arranging later, our front porch is looking clean, bright & colorful again. I lucked into a stack of large 'landscaper' containers over the winter (free!!!) which were a dingy black color - one coating of the spray paint later and they look fabulous!

My new additions? Glad you asked! Last week I picked up 2 'Strawberries & Cream' Hydrangea's and a 'Ballerina' African Daisy. Yesterday on a quick run to the supermarket for some last minute Easter dinner necessities, I picked up a 'Crimson' Hardy Azalea. I brought the Peonies from 'round back as well as the Bee Balm. I removed two dead Butterfly Bushes :-( and moved the white Butterfly Bush & Autumn Joy Sedum to the side of the porch. I left the 'Harlequin' Butterfly Bush seedling where it was in hopes that it will get enough sun to pull it through from the beating it took this winter.

My mission this year, after having such a lousy gardening season last year & recently coming across pictures of the garden I had before we lived here, is to bring back COLOR! Somehow I'd gotten very narrowed down, only having a few colors throughout both the front & back gardens. I don't know when or how or why it happened! I have nothing against it and it works well for others, but not for me. And I didn't even realize it until I found those old photo's. I had practically every color in my old garden and to me it worked. I had such a smile looking at those pictures. I showed them to Mom and she said while everything I've done here is beautiful, she wondered what had happened to all of the color but didn't want to say anything. (Imagine, My mother held her tongue about something?!)

I believe I've got a good start :-)
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Comments

Sue Jackson said…
Gorgeous photos and I'm so impressed by your energy and motivation!! I love color in the garden, too, but even the tiniest bit of gardening tends to bring on a crash. I'm doing a bit better this spring, though, so maybe I can brighten things up a bit this year!

Sue
I couldn't do it all with out Hubby's help (he's the heavy lifter, lol!) - I do what I can when I'm able. I usually pay for it afterwards but the joy is worth it!
Ps, thank you Susan! :-) I hope you're able to brighten things in your garden as well!
Judy said…
Pretty, pretty. The plants are just coming out at the garden centers here in town...I can't wait to get some for our decks.

Popular posts from this blog

An Enchanted Garden Party

Welcome to my post! To visit other participants, please head over to the Practical Magic Blog Party 2010 blog. I must say that while I think Practical Magic the movie is adorable, I think the novel is incredible. And that is where I gleaned my inspiration from for these festivities. Gardens are mysterious, magical and enchanting, don't you think? Now follow me out into the garden, I have everything all ready for you, including music! (Turn your volume on). *Update: Music has reverted to my regular Fall soundtrack, 9/28/2010* For all of you non Practical Magic Blog Party folks, head on over to NJ Through My Eyes where I've posted 2 new slide-shows today; one is a preview of a new project I'm working on!

2009 Halloween Fete! (Saturday October 17, 2009) **UPDATED!** This shindig is still going strong!

Welcome! I'm so happy to have had so many visitors already! I must apologize for not being ready for you earlier! I also apologize for the wacky font sizes throughout my post. No matter how hard I try, I can't correct them. If music doesn't begin playing shortly after your arrival, scroll down until you see a purple music widget begin to load in the left hand column and wait until you hear the music before scrolling back up here. Happy Halloween Fete 2009! Love and Spookiness to All! ~Jo (Continue scrolling down until the end of the post) Outside, it's a gloomy & cold day here on the NJ coast. Many a restless Spirit wander here on days like this. One can never be too sure if the fog & mist are just as they seem. Inside, it is warm yet equally frightful! Creepy crawlies have gotten into the food & drink, I so hope you don't mind! What with all of the party hopping we're doing, I didn't want you to bust a gut, so I've laid out some Pumpkin Cook

A Walk Through The (Dis)Enchanted Forrest (Halloween Party Post)

Welcome & thank you for visiting my post! For more Halloween fun today & throughout the weekend, visit A Fanciful Twist . For more Halloween & Autumn Fun, check out my "Autumn Tuesday" & "Halloween Thursday" posts by clicking on their labels in the left hand column. ~Happy Halloween & Pumpkin Blessings! *Update for those friends wondering, I put this together prior to surgery yesterday to make sure I would be able to post it for today! (Though it didn't post at 12:01am like it was supposed to). Anyhoo, I'm home and resting (uncomfortably). Surgery went well, my kidney tube and stone are gone! I have an internal stent on the left hand side but I'm okay with that because it comes out in the doctor's office in 2-3 weeks (no back to the hospital) and especially because it meant they could take that nephrostomy tube out! (The last nearly 2 weeks of that 15 weeks was rough with that thing, my body was simultaneously trying to heal aroun