Skip to main content

And With The Good Comes The Bad

Had a nice St. Patrick's Day yesterday. Weather was gorgeous, in the 60's, sunny and not a cloud to be seen. The breakfast bookclub met for lunch to discuss Colm Toibin's novel Brooklyn at the Pub and we had a great time. I spent the rest of the afternoon watching the St. Patrick's Day Parade in NYC on tv and cooking dinner for us & Mom. She's been in a bit of a mood lately but aside from one overly rude comment directed at me, dinner was pleasant enough.

Today it's warm, getting up into the 70's, hazy sunshine and a great breeze. I've been enjoying the quiet. Some of the buds on the Forsythia bush have opened revealing its' bright yellow flowers. Our friends are getting married today.

Then Hubbs called around noon. He was rear-ended while stopped at a red traffic light. He's okay (THANK GOD!!!) but our suv is not. He wasn't at fault, the police told him the other driver is fully at fault. But we won't be driving the suv for a while or ever depending on what's been damaged.
Lesson: Pay Attention When You Are Driving! You may not hurt someone physically but you can still hurt their lively-hood in the mean time while the insurance companies bicker about damages and payment for repairs, not to mention your own damages or injuries.

I didn't want to let go of him when he got home!
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Comments

Leanne said…
Glad your hubby is ok - but totally understand the organising of transport & then choosing a new car or waiting for your old one to be fixed.

Love Leanne
I'm glad too, to say the very least! That's one of those calls you dread getting for sure. The suv will get taken care of - the carelessness of others is just maddening!
Mrs. Fry said…
That's so true. When my son was first learning to drive, a woman with a very bad record ran into the passenger side of the car as she went through the stop side. Her husband didn't even want insurance companies involved that's how bad her record was, but our car was tied up in the shop for two weeks! How absurd.

Glad he is okay.
My goodness - what a scare! Glad your hubby is ok and that you can find a mode of transportation soon. Theresa

Popular posts from this blog

An Enchanted Garden Party

Welcome to my post! To visit other participants, please head over to the Practical Magic Blog Party 2010 blog. I must say that while I think Practical Magic the movie is adorable, I think the novel is incredible. And that is where I gleaned my inspiration from for these festivities. Gardens are mysterious, magical and enchanting, don't you think? Now follow me out into the garden, I have everything all ready for you, including music! (Turn your volume on). *Update: Music has reverted to my regular Fall soundtrack, 9/28/2010* For all of you non Practical Magic Blog Party folks, head on over to NJ Through My Eyes where I've posted 2 new slide-shows today; one is a preview of a new project I'm working on!

2009 Halloween Fete! (Saturday October 17, 2009) **UPDATED!** This shindig is still going strong!

Welcome! I'm so happy to have had so many visitors already! I must apologize for not being ready for you earlier! I also apologize for the wacky font sizes throughout my post. No matter how hard I try, I can't correct them. If music doesn't begin playing shortly after your arrival, scroll down until you see a purple music widget begin to load in the left hand column and wait until you hear the music before scrolling back up here. Happy Halloween Fete 2009! Love and Spookiness to All! ~Jo (Continue scrolling down until the end of the post) Outside, it's a gloomy & cold day here on the NJ coast. Many a restless Spirit wander here on days like this. One can never be too sure if the fog & mist are just as they seem. Inside, it is warm yet equally frightful! Creepy crawlies have gotten into the food & drink, I so hope you don't mind! What with all of the party hopping we're doing, I didn't want you to bust a gut, so I've laid out some Pumpkin Cook

A Walk Through The (Dis)Enchanted Forrest (Halloween Party Post)

Welcome & thank you for visiting my post! For more Halloween fun today & throughout the weekend, visit A Fanciful Twist . For more Halloween & Autumn Fun, check out my "Autumn Tuesday" & "Halloween Thursday" posts by clicking on their labels in the left hand column. ~Happy Halloween & Pumpkin Blessings! *Update for those friends wondering, I put this together prior to surgery yesterday to make sure I would be able to post it for today! (Though it didn't post at 12:01am like it was supposed to). Anyhoo, I'm home and resting (uncomfortably). Surgery went well, my kidney tube and stone are gone! I have an internal stent on the left hand side but I'm okay with that because it comes out in the doctor's office in 2-3 weeks (no back to the hospital) and especially because it meant they could take that nephrostomy tube out! (The last nearly 2 weeks of that 15 weeks was rough with that thing, my body was simultaneously trying to heal aroun