Skip to main content

Early December Happenings

I couldn't get a clear photo of our sister town's tree to save my life it was so windy Friday night at the lighting!

We missed our town's tree lighting on Saturday, it apparently ended early, but we ventured out into the windy cold to see it anyhow. These pics were Hubby's idea :-)

I swear our towns' tree gets smaller every year, regardless of these pics, lol!

Looking through the gazebo to the boats now up out of the water and into storage in the marina.

Our 'main street'.

Sunday it was time to put up our tree!

Ceasar loves Christmas trees, real or artificial. Has since he was a kitten.

All fluffed out and ready for decorations.

Yesterday this squirrel was busy eating away at this pumpkin and the squash to the right (despite the gale winds & snow) which was fine with me because it meant she was leaving the bird seed & suet alone!

Our first snow arrived yesterday but it was so windy it didn't have a chance to stick to anything! I can't wait for our first true snow. I did pick out a table top (real) Christmas tree yesterday at Whole Foods and the snow & frigid temps certainly added to the festive atmosphere! I'm bringing back my tradition of having two Christmas trees, one real & one artificial. Since our artificial one is so large, I wanted a small real tree but wasn't having any luck finding one until yesterday. (Pics to follow).

Yesterday was an unexpected good day and once back home I was feeling very happy, content and Blessed. I am very thankful for a day like yesterday, I've had so few since July 4th weekend. Today would have been my daughter's 11th birthday and if not for a day like yesterday, I may not be doing as well as I am today and again, I am very thankful.

How is your December shaping up so far?

I've updated my "Currently Reading" page. What are you reading at this time of year?

Comments

Mrs. Fry said…
funny, that fat squirrel looks like he has a hat on just to brave the cold.
Those photos of you and your hubby are so clever! Despite the wind, it looks like you had a great time. We set up our tree last weekend, too. And I am really awaiting our first snow. We had just a few tiny flakes the other day and it wasn't enough! I am so happy that you have found some happiness out of such terrible loss. Big hugs to you that you have many happy days ahead. Theresa
Holli said…
These are really good pictures... thanks for sharing what your December has been like so far!

I'm glad it's been good... I know this month is a hard one...
lol Brenda I know! That's partly why I took the pic. That's one of my metal garden cow's hats in the background, "fits" the squirrels head perfectly doesn't it?!

We did have a good time goofing around taking those pics! And thank you so much Theresa! (((hugs)))

Thanks Holli! It is hard but not like it used to be and I'm glad for that, especially with all I've been through recently!
Anonymous said…
What a big squirrel that was! Love your pics Jo. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

An Enchanted Garden Party

Welcome to my post! To visit other participants, please head over to the Practical Magic Blog Party 2010 blog. I must say that while I think Practical Magic the movie is adorable, I think the novel is incredible. And that is where I gleaned my inspiration from for these festivities. Gardens are mysterious, magical and enchanting, don't you think? Now follow me out into the garden, I have everything all ready for you, including music! (Turn your volume on). *Update: Music has reverted to my regular Fall soundtrack, 9/28/2010* For all of you non Practical Magic Blog Party folks, head on over to NJ Through My Eyes where I've posted 2 new slide-shows today; one is a preview of a new project I'm working on!

2009 Halloween Fete! (Saturday October 17, 2009) **UPDATED!** This shindig is still going strong!

Welcome! I'm so happy to have had so many visitors already! I must apologize for not being ready for you earlier! I also apologize for the wacky font sizes throughout my post. No matter how hard I try, I can't correct them. If music doesn't begin playing shortly after your arrival, scroll down until you see a purple music widget begin to load in the left hand column and wait until you hear the music before scrolling back up here. Happy Halloween Fete 2009! Love and Spookiness to All! ~Jo (Continue scrolling down until the end of the post) Outside, it's a gloomy & cold day here on the NJ coast. Many a restless Spirit wander here on days like this. One can never be too sure if the fog & mist are just as they seem. Inside, it is warm yet equally frightful! Creepy crawlies have gotten into the food & drink, I so hope you don't mind! What with all of the party hopping we're doing, I didn't want you to bust a gut, so I've laid out some Pumpkin Cook

A Walk Through The (Dis)Enchanted Forrest (Halloween Party Post)

Welcome & thank you for visiting my post! For more Halloween fun today & throughout the weekend, visit A Fanciful Twist . For more Halloween & Autumn Fun, check out my "Autumn Tuesday" & "Halloween Thursday" posts by clicking on their labels in the left hand column. ~Happy Halloween & Pumpkin Blessings! *Update for those friends wondering, I put this together prior to surgery yesterday to make sure I would be able to post it for today! (Though it didn't post at 12:01am like it was supposed to). Anyhoo, I'm home and resting (uncomfortably). Surgery went well, my kidney tube and stone are gone! I have an internal stent on the left hand side but I'm okay with that because it comes out in the doctor's office in 2-3 weeks (no back to the hospital) and especially because it meant they could take that nephrostomy tube out! (The last nearly 2 weeks of that 15 weeks was rough with that thing, my body was simultaneously trying to heal aroun