Skip to main content

Join Me For Tea Under The Full Moon?

Psst! 'Tis quite a magical time of year ya know! Well, course you do, that's why you're here. How silly of me. What's that? Oh, you'll have to excuse me, had garlic knots with extra garlic for dinner this evening. One can never be too careful at this time of year. Let me go rinse again with some minty mouth wash.

Come in, come in! I'll just be a moment. 'Scuse cobwebs but they're in keeping with the season. The spiders are so generous to help with the decorating, aren't they? I've been a tad under the weather anyhoo what with the surgery last Friday & all so I haven't cleaned in a bit. You don't remember? I told you all about it here. That's why I'm not having a tea party here tonight but heading over to Frosted Petunias. You'll walk over with me, won't you?

There! I hope that's better. Oh good! I know, the sun is setting and the dark of night will be upon us shortly. I do hope the clouds and fog are good natured this evening and let the Moon shine through. Let's be on our way!



What a beautiful sky this evening!





Just look at how Autumn's foliage brightens at dusk!
Isn't it glorious?


Smell that? No, not the garlic silly, the heady scents of damp leaves and earth. Heavenly! And the apples. Smell the apples? All we need is a bit of cinnamon. I have some here in my cloak... What? Well of course I do! I said I'd bring the; well, chai is tea too, it has cinnimon in it and while I may not fancy it myself I know others do...





What was That?!





A squirrel?





Are you sure? Positive?





Huh, I thought I saw a...
Oh, nothing. Never mind. Let's just pick up the pace a bit. At this time of year, sometimes every snap, crunch, rustle and gust of wind gives me pause. Oh I know, but I can't help it. Do you know how many horror movies I've seen?! True, but I can't help myself with all of the scary movie marathons on cable at this time of year.





Oh my! Feel that? It's going to bea crisp one tonight. Thank goodness we'll soon have hot, steaming cups of tea to keep us warm under the brilliant white rays of Moon light. Now where are my gloves?





What? Oh look! We're nearly there! Yippie!
Hear the clinking of tea spoons in cups and on saucers?



I'm glad we're not so late that we've missed it!

To join me in more Halloween Moonlight tea party fun, please visit Frosted Petunias.





What could be better than tea with friends under the full Moon?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I always love your pictures. Very nice post.
Reading,Reading & Life
Magaly Guerrero said…
You are quite gifted, sorry I stop by so late, but I smelled something brewing and had to stick my head to see what it was all about.
Loved your Halloween tea party! Thanks so much for inviting me. Your words and photos were so wonderful.

I warmly invite you to come and visit with me and my little friends:

http://faeriemooncreations.blogspot.com/2010/10/little-witch-and-owls-halloween-tea.html

Enjoy the parties!
Theresa
Aw, thanks Senora G! :-)

Thank you Magaly! I'm glad you stopped by, good to see you again!

Thanks & thanks for dropping by Theresa! Can't wait to fly on over to you!
Victoria said…
Gorgeous post..full of beauty and enchantment...pure magic!! love those trees!! dazzling!
Blessings and Sparkles
Victoria~
Danni said…
The foliage and the moon are gorgeous, but I'm a bit leery of that ghost! Thank you for stopping by and for inviting me over to visit. It's been a hectic weekend and I'm late with my visiting too!
Wendy said…
I"m so glad you stopped by for some tea with me and my family. I'm quite impressed with you, having a tea party while recovering from surgery is difficult but you pulled it off beautifully. I love those trees and could stay all night drinking tea with you. Thank you for being a wonderful hostess :)
Michelle said…
Wonderful party post! Love all those beautiful autumn photos! Thank you for sharing:)
Petunia said…
Oh this was just enchanting! I'm so glad I could join you for a walk to the tea party. That tree is beyond beautiful and I'm so glad I wasn't alone when we walked by that ghost. I love your beautiful pictures. I hope you're recovering nicely and I thank you so much for joining me for my tea party under the Halloween moon tonight. :)

Anna
Anonymous said…
Thanks so much for walking to the aprty with me. These woods can be spooky at dusk and outright terrifying after dark.
I do love the clear crisp air smell with just a hint of apple blowing through.
And the parties this evening are so much fun and full of unexpected surprises. (Is that redundant?)
Thank you Victoria!

Glad you made it D!

Aw, thanks so much Wendy! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!

Thanks Que Bella!

Thank You Anna! I'm so glad you hosted this party and glad I was able to participate

Thanks for dropping by dogmsmom!

Once again this has been such Fun! Thanks to everyone for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

An Enchanted Garden Party

Welcome to my post! To visit other participants, please head over to the Practical Magic Blog Party 2010 blog. I must say that while I think Practical Magic the movie is adorable, I think the novel is incredible. And that is where I gleaned my inspiration from for these festivities. Gardens are mysterious, magical and enchanting, don't you think? Now follow me out into the garden, I have everything all ready for you, including music! (Turn your volume on). *Update: Music has reverted to my regular Fall soundtrack, 9/28/2010* For all of you non Practical Magic Blog Party folks, head on over to NJ Through My Eyes where I've posted 2 new slide-shows today; one is a preview of a new project I'm working on!

2009 Halloween Fete! (Saturday October 17, 2009) **UPDATED!** This shindig is still going strong!

Welcome! I'm so happy to have had so many visitors already! I must apologize for not being ready for you earlier! I also apologize for the wacky font sizes throughout my post. No matter how hard I try, I can't correct them. If music doesn't begin playing shortly after your arrival, scroll down until you see a purple music widget begin to load in the left hand column and wait until you hear the music before scrolling back up here. Happy Halloween Fete 2009! Love and Spookiness to All! ~Jo (Continue scrolling down until the end of the post) Outside, it's a gloomy & cold day here on the NJ coast. Many a restless Spirit wander here on days like this. One can never be too sure if the fog & mist are just as they seem. Inside, it is warm yet equally frightful! Creepy crawlies have gotten into the food & drink, I so hope you don't mind! What with all of the party hopping we're doing, I didn't want you to bust a gut, so I've laid out some Pumpkin Cook

A Walk Through The (Dis)Enchanted Forrest (Halloween Party Post)

Welcome & thank you for visiting my post! For more Halloween fun today & throughout the weekend, visit A Fanciful Twist . For more Halloween & Autumn Fun, check out my "Autumn Tuesday" & "Halloween Thursday" posts by clicking on their labels in the left hand column. ~Happy Halloween & Pumpkin Blessings! *Update for those friends wondering, I put this together prior to surgery yesterday to make sure I would be able to post it for today! (Though it didn't post at 12:01am like it was supposed to). Anyhoo, I'm home and resting (uncomfortably). Surgery went well, my kidney tube and stone are gone! I have an internal stent on the left hand side but I'm okay with that because it comes out in the doctor's office in 2-3 weeks (no back to the hospital) and especially because it meant they could take that nephrostomy tube out! (The last nearly 2 weeks of that 15 weeks was rough with that thing, my body was simultaneously trying to heal aroun