Skip to main content

Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay

Well, the dock is off to our right and I'm actually sitting in my favorite spot, the little beach down by our harbor. Great place to watch the sun set and listen to the water. That little figure in the pic to the right is Hubby. When ever he comes down here to fish, I tag along, sit up here, take pics, talk with passersby and relax. Maybe do a little writing or reading. A lovely older man mistook me for a college student when he saw me taking pictures! (Yup, I'm feeling pretty good right now!)

*No good deed goes unpunished:
Older gent above turned out to be a NUT case who kept harassing me about how I should be taking pics, that I should be moved over to the other bench (further away from Vic), how he wished he had his camera because this was an "a-list" sunset, one of the best ever, was I going to take any pics? If not, could he use my camera to take a few for me of the sunset and "that old guy fishing"? (My husband is not an old guy you old bleep). I kindly told him to go bleep himself and LEAVE ME THE BLEEP ALONE already so I could get back to "watching my husband fish, read, take pictures if I feel like it and have a relaxing evening damnit!"

He went back to his bench but continued his going on and on about taking pictures, trying to get my attention, so I moved from my bench down onto the beach to get away from him & closer to Vic (slipped on a rock & tore my elbow open). Then the guy started walking back and forth, talking about taking pictures, looking for me down on the beach so I moved down in front of a dune! Vic met me there since he was finishing up fishing and I told him about the guy who was by now down the opposite way, running back & forth in the water! (Thank God high tide fully came in because there was no way for him to get down to where we were from any angle and the guy was trying).

As as made our way back up to the car, the guy was still running around in the water by the seawall rocks. When he came back up, he started coming towards us and Vic put his hand out (as if to say, "Stop!") and yelled, "Don't even think about it buddy, just go back to your bench and stay there." Thankfully the guy did and he started talking about taking pictures to an older couple who sat on the same bench.

As soon as the sun set, the NUT case hopped on his bike and left.

I/we have been coming to this spot at the Harbor, popular at sunset, for 4 years now and not only have we never seen this guy before, nothing like that has ever happened to me there before. I pray it never does again because it's a stop I always make on my walks.

So much for a nice relaxing evening!

Comments

Sarah said…
LOL I'm sorry that the guy kept harassing you, but at least it makes for a funny story!
Brandi said…
What a NUT! But it sounds like you had fun anyway ;)
Mrs. Fry said…
this was creepy. hope he does ruin your favorite spot.
Yeah, that's my luck, lol! We went back last night and it was very quiet, no nuts to be seen (LOL). No way I'm letting that ruin my favorite spot! I was fully prepared to open a can of whup ass if he showed & harassed me last night!

Popular posts from this blog

An Enchanted Garden Party

Welcome to my post! To visit other participants, please head over to the Practical Magic Blog Party 2010 blog. I must say that while I think Practical Magic the movie is adorable, I think the novel is incredible. And that is where I gleaned my inspiration from for these festivities. Gardens are mysterious, magical and enchanting, don't you think? Now follow me out into the garden, I have everything all ready for you, including music! (Turn your volume on). *Update: Music has reverted to my regular Fall soundtrack, 9/28/2010* For all of you non Practical Magic Blog Party folks, head on over to NJ Through My Eyes where I've posted 2 new slide-shows today; one is a preview of a new project I'm working on!

2009 Halloween Fete! (Saturday October 17, 2009) **UPDATED!** This shindig is still going strong!

Welcome! I'm so happy to have had so many visitors already! I must apologize for not being ready for you earlier! I also apologize for the wacky font sizes throughout my post. No matter how hard I try, I can't correct them. If music doesn't begin playing shortly after your arrival, scroll down until you see a purple music widget begin to load in the left hand column and wait until you hear the music before scrolling back up here. Happy Halloween Fete 2009! Love and Spookiness to All! ~Jo (Continue scrolling down until the end of the post) Outside, it's a gloomy & cold day here on the NJ coast. Many a restless Spirit wander here on days like this. One can never be too sure if the fog & mist are just as they seem. Inside, it is warm yet equally frightful! Creepy crawlies have gotten into the food & drink, I so hope you don't mind! What with all of the party hopping we're doing, I didn't want you to bust a gut, so I've laid out some Pumpkin Cook

A Walk Through The (Dis)Enchanted Forrest (Halloween Party Post)

Welcome & thank you for visiting my post! For more Halloween fun today & throughout the weekend, visit A Fanciful Twist . For more Halloween & Autumn Fun, check out my "Autumn Tuesday" & "Halloween Thursday" posts by clicking on their labels in the left hand column. ~Happy Halloween & Pumpkin Blessings! *Update for those friends wondering, I put this together prior to surgery yesterday to make sure I would be able to post it for today! (Though it didn't post at 12:01am like it was supposed to). Anyhoo, I'm home and resting (uncomfortably). Surgery went well, my kidney tube and stone are gone! I have an internal stent on the left hand side but I'm okay with that because it comes out in the doctor's office in 2-3 weeks (no back to the hospital) and especially because it meant they could take that nephrostomy tube out! (The last nearly 2 weeks of that 15 weeks was rough with that thing, my body was simultaneously trying to heal aroun